Professional Development Grants for Choirs
- Choral organizations may apply for funding for artistic or administrative development (expenses may include artist/professional fees, travel and accommodation, up to $1,000 maximum).
- For the 2017-18 PDG Program cycle, we are accepting applications from organizations in regions outside of Central Ontario. Collaborative Applications: organizations are encouraged to collaborate to help maximize the training involved and offset travel expenses. Collaborative applications comprised of three choirs could receive up to $1,500.
- Choir must be currently active in Ontario and must be a current member of Choirs Ontario.
Application Deadline: December 5, 2017
- There are no extensions to the deadline and no retroactive funding.
- The Professional Development Grants Committee of Choirs Ontario serves as a jury to determine grant allocations. All decisions are final and may not be appealed. Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to re-apply to a future deadline.
- Results will be announced on December 19, 2017 with grants disbursed in early January.
Grants are not retroactive and may not be applied to any portion of the training that has taken place prior to approval of the grant.
Responsibilities of Grant Recipients:
- Acknowledgement in relevant promotional material as follows:
“(Name of Choir) is a recipient of Choirs Ontario’s Professional Development Grant Program, funded by the Ontario Arts Council”
- Upon completion of the project, provide Choirs Ontario with a short Final Report, including workshop topic, name of the mentor/clinician, the achieved impact and a breakdown of expenses due by August 31, 2018.
The application must be received by 5:00 pm on the deadline date – email or hard copy only. No faxed submissions please. A complete application form should include:
- Application form (including budget) signed by applicant
- A proposal from the applicant (2-3 pages), which includes the following information:
- A statement of training goals (what are you planning to do, and what do you want to achieve with this project)
- What makes the training appropriate at this time and how this training opportunity will advance your organization (indicate what you hope the outcomes will be)
- A budget detailing projected expenses
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Professional Development Grants Program serves choral organizations across the province, providing them with funding, mentorship relationships and training in artistic and/or administrative development areas. This is a unique opportunity for choral organizations who wish to engage professionals on a short-term basis and for whom the submission of a larger funding application to a foundation or an arts council would not be appropriate.
Since its introduction, the program supported over 70 organizations in raising the caliber of work, improving vocal techniques among choristers, building a good choral sound, enhancing quality of performance among childrens choirs, developing strategic planning and visioning, analyzing marketing campaign and grant writing strategies, board development and more.
Financial support for this program is provided by the Ontario Arts Council.